Marxism 101: capitalism and socialism in the 21st century
Inflation, imperialist war, climate disaster, rising racism and transphobia – the world is ridden with crises that can all be traced to capitalism, according to Marx. In this meeting we will introduce different aspects of Marx’ theory:
– Why does capitalism cause so many crises?
– How does it undermine democracy?
– Is Karl Marx still relevant in post-industrial society?
– What is the class struggle, and what does it look like in the 21st century?
– And if we want an end to capitalism, why do we need a socialist revolution?
These and other topics will be discussed, but feel free to bring your own questions and insights related to socialism. Regardless of how much you may already know, or don’t know yet, we hope to see you there!